This past week I have re-introduced the ‘Love Game’ to my morning routine.
I used to play this game every morning for years, but somehow of late it has slipped and so has my attitude.
It goes like this:
1. You discover you are awake.
2. Your next thought is “I love my bed”.
3. “I love my new organic cotton sheets, they are so nice to sleep in”.
4. “I love feeling warm as I lay here wrapped up in my doona”.
5. “I love the plants in my bedroom. I love the way they have been clearing the air for me all night and they look stunning.”
6. “I love my built-in wardrobe and the sliding doors that slide so easily.”
7. Get out of bed.
8. “I love the colour of the floor boards I am walking on.”
9. “I love the air conditioner that is making me warm. I love how easy it is to turn on and I get instant heat.”
10. “I love the hot water from the shower running over my back”.
I suspect you have got the idea of how it works. Of course your words will vary from mine, just start with “I love…” and fill in the blank. Keep this going non-stop for as long as you can.
It can take a little while to change the channel in your brain, but if you keep it up, it will change stations and your day will be the better for it.
I would love to know how you get on with the Love Game. Please let me know in the comments below.